- September 10: UChicago Conversation on Health Care and Education Reform – Washington, DC. President Robert J. Zimmer and the Board of Trustees invite you to join Secretaries Kathleen Sebelius and Arne Duncan, U-High'82, in leading a dialogue on two of the most critical issues facing our nation today, and to a reception with David Axelrod, AB'76, Senior Adviser to President Barack Obama. Click here for more information or to register.
- September 24/25: PhoenixPhest – Atlanta; Boston; Chicago; Dallas; Denver; Detroit; Ann Arbor; Washington, DC; Houston; Los Angeles; Miami; Milwaukee; New York; Philadelphia; Phoenix; San Diego; Seattle. Law School Classes of 1999-2009: Join fellow Law and professional school graduates for the University of Chicago's annual Phoenixphest events honoring young alumni. Register now and see which friends are attending. It's one party you won't want to miss. For more information or if you would like to volunteer to help with this event, please contact Haleigh Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-702-2155.
- October 9: Save the Date: University of Chicago's 500th Convocation – Chicago. The Board of Trustees and the President of the University have announced plans to celebrate the University's 500th Convocation at a special ceremony in Rockefeller Memorial Chapel. Click here for more information or to register.
- October 10: Save the Date: Volunteer Caucus – Chicago. Alumni, friends, students, and staff from across campus join forces for a day devoted to expanding and enhancing the University of Chicago volunteer network. Click here for more information or to register.
University Events Abroad
- September 26: Phoenixphest-Paris
9 avenue Franklin D. Roosevelt
Contact: Samuel Cohen Solal, AB'00, email@example.com
- September 26: Phoenixphest-Hong Kong
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2009
Jockey Club Happy Valley Club House
Contact: Vincent Mak, MBA'07 at firstname.lastname@example.org
New for Alumni
Accolades and Achievements. The Law School is pleased to announce the launch of its new Accolades and Achievements blog, to recognize noteworthy events in the lives of its alumni. Click here to see if your name is mentioned!
Alumni Directory. As part of its new alumni web community, the University has launched a new online Alumni Directory. Click here to update your contact information or to find fellow University alumni.
In the News
Professor Richard Epstein assesses "Obama's Doomed Utopia."
Judges Richard J. Posner and Frank H. Easterbrook debate on Executive Compensation.
Professors Eric Posner and Adrian Vermeule critique "The Constitution in 2020."